Call 811 at least 48 hours (two business days) Before you Dig — It's free and it's the law
- Whether planting a tree, installing mailbox or pouring concrete, protect yourself and others from injury and prevent service outages call 811 at least 48 hours before you dig to have your underground utility lines marked for FREE.
- Avoid potential injury, fines and electric or natural gas service disruptions.
When you Dig
- Do not use mechanical means to dig within two feet of the marked area. If you must dig closer, carefully hand dig to expose the utility lines before proceeding.
- Utilities may be identified with a marker.
- BVES, Inc., like other utilities, installs above ground markers to indicate that a buried electrical line is in the area. These are generally situated along roadways.